- To enable a learner to understand properly the concepts of research methodology
- Equip them to prepare a research design and carry out research in systematic and scientific manner.
After completing this Certificate Programme, the learner should be able to understand about the basic concepts of social science research, formulate a research design, draw a sampling design, instrument development and its different forms of scaling and understand the technique of research reporting.
Module I: (5 Hours)
- Research-Types of Research
- Methods of Research-Research Process.
Module II: (5 Hours)
- Research problem
- Research Design
- Types of Research Design-Research proposal and its properties.
Module III: (5 Hours)
- Sampling design
- Census and sample survey
- Sample frame
- Sample size
- Methods of Sampling.
Module IV: (10 Hours)
- Collection and analysis of data
- Types of Data
- Methods of Data collection
- Preparation of Questionnaire or Interview schedule
- Measurement and scaling techniques
- Nominal data
- Individual data
- Ordinal data
- Ratio data
- Analysis of data
- Types of analysis.
Module V: (5 Hours)
- Research reporting
- Characteristics of a good research report
- Content of a report
- Citing references using APA style
- Research Methodology: Methods and Techniques, C R Kothari, New Age International Publications
- Statistical Methods for Research, Prof. K. Kalyanaraman, Prentice Hall Pvt. Ltd
- Research Methodology in Social Sciences, O R Krishnaswamy, Himalaya Publishing House
- Business Research Methodology, Sashi K Gupta & Praneet Rangi, Kalyani Publishers
- Research methodology, R. Paneerselvam, Prentice Hall of India