The Research and Postgraduate Department of Commerce was established in the year 1991, to meet the challenges of the emerging scenario in the 21st Century and to optimally exploit the new opportunities in the field of commerce. The Department offers two programmes viz. B.Com (Cooperation) and M.Com(Finance). The Department started the Master’s Degree programme in Commerce in 1999 and in 2013, the department became an approved research centre under MG University Kottayam. The D
To train the students to evaluate and meet the current and future global challenges of rapidly changing business environment.
- To impart performance-based holistic education in commerce using state of the art technology and infrastructure leading to the development of qualified educationists, academicians, and professionals
- To enhance the management skills and analytical thinking of our students for a successful career.
- To explore training and development opportunities and continuing ed
- To provide commercial input for enhancing efficiency and productivity of resource utilisation.
- To achieve excellence in multidisciplinary research in the areas of Commerce and Social Sciences.
- To provide personalized guidance to students in their career planning.
- To enable students to undertake various banking activites.
- To fully utilize ICT in teaching and learning.