Fundamentals of Tourism
- To understand the tourism phenomena and the distribution of the components of tourism.
- To learn the concept and importance of tourism in different sectors.
Module I : (8 Hours)
Meaning and concept of tourism
- Leisure and recreation
- Evolution and development of tourism
- Ancient period
- Concept of annual holiday
- Industrial revelation.
Module II: (6Hours)
- Paid Holiday and Mass Tourism
- Advent of jet
- High Speed train
- Causes of rapid growth of tourism.
Module III: (10 Hours)
Significance of tourism
- Forms and types of tourism
- Dimensions of international and domestic tourism.
Components of tourism
- Different components of tourism tourism components distribution
- Inter-relation between various segments-travel industry network
- Elements of tourism.
Module IV: (6 Hours)
Types of transportation
- Water and Road
- Role of railway to promote tourism in India.
- JugmohanNegi:TourismandTavel, ConceptandPrinciples.