The Department of English which has been functioning since the inception of the college became full fledged in 2001 when the Undergraduate Course in English started. It has a commendable history of inspired teaching and participatory learning. In the very second batch, we secured the 7th Rank in the B. A. English examination through exemplary performance. Our students secured the 6th, 7th and 8th Ranks in the University Examinations in 2017, 3rd Rank in
- To focus on studying literature from the perspectives of cultural studies, feminism and subaltern studies.
- To inculcate a rhizomatic perspective denying hierarchical structures of thought.
- To promote multicultural identities and reject monolithic attitudes and binaries, highlighting openne
- To mould confident youth with a positive outlook towards life.
- To recognize the essential equality of humanity, rejecting socio-cultural, racial and gender-based distinctions.
- To impart knowledge in literature in English, English language and Literary and Cultural Theory.
- To promote the artistic and creative talents of students.
- To impart knowledge and skills required for the personal and professional development of Undergraduate students.
- To create a lasting love and interest in Literary studies among the students.
- To develop skills in the Spoken and Written forms of English Language.
- To inculcate a sense that we are all social beings and have to strive for the general human good.