IT application in History
Certificate courses are designed to bridge the gap between different phases of academic study, or to provide additional professional training and qualifications. The courses provide students an added dimension to their undergraduate and postgraduate degree by exposing them to professional settings. The purpose of the certificate course is to provide students with theoretical knowledge and practical knowledge in specific areas. Upon completion, students will get benefit out of a certificate course that will accompany their degree and illustrate their added knowledge, skills, and experience to potential employers and institutions.
Certificate programme in History is designed with 30 instructional hours. It includes Lecture hours and practical hours. On completion certificates are issued by college or outside agencies in collaboration with college.
- Will gain additional skill in a particular area.
- Will equip the student with an additional qualification.
- Will enhance demand in the job market.
Information technology has revolutionised the process of education. Education and professional institutes have, accordingly, organised their curricula with this changing scenario. This programme intended to introduce students of History various relevant aspects and opportunities arising from Information Technology and Computers
- Understanding the concept of input and output devices of Computers and how it works and recognize the basic terminology used in computer programming
- Familiarise operating systems, peripheral devices, networking, multimedia and internet.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of educational and professional contexts.
MODULE 1: (5hrs)
- Scope and significance of IT in Education
- IT Applications in Education
- Online courses for history students
- ARPIT courses
- IGNOU and other Open Universities.
MODULE II: (5hrs)
- E-Governance applications at national and state level
- IT for national Integration
- IT and Society: Issues and Concerns.
MODULE III: (5hrs)
- Computer presentations-power point
- Word-learning programmes
- Online applications
- Online examinations
- Online question papers
MODULE IV: (10hrs)
E-sources for Learning History
- Educational software-academic services INFLIBNET, NICENET, BRNET
- Websites on historical studies
- Historical Map CollectionGenesis, Digital History, History Engine
- History sites: www.ancient-world.org, www.thehistoryfaculty.com, www.historytoday.com, www.historyinternational.com.
Module V : (5hrs)
- Power Point Presentation
- V.Rajaram, Introduction to Information Technology
- www.microsoft.com/officeMS Office web site