The easiest way to destroy a country is to destroy its Language and Culture. Language is not only for communication, but also a tool to understand the History and Culture of a Nation. Hindi has gained a special status through the article 394 of Indian Constitution. The students who study Hindi not only learn a new Language, but also they get an opportunity to love and taste the Culture and Unity of Diversity in India. As part of the curriculum UG degree students choose Hindi as their second language. Department of Hindi is steers as an Additional language to supporting all the pre-degree and U.G. courses of the college since 1981. Prof. Chellamma P.M (1981-2011) and Prof. AjithaV.R (1995-2020) were the former teachers of Hindi department.
- The More Languages you know, the More you are Human.
- The Study of Language and Literature makes the students better thinkers and critics. It helps students to become more responsible to human beings, nature, and culture and thereby to the Nation.
- To adapt comprehensive knowledge in Vocabulary.
- To help the students to grasp language easily.
- To introduce eminent writers in Literature.
- To help the students to improve their knowledge in literature through healthy discussions and seminar.
- To help the students to understand the different life of people, language and culture.