Health and Physical Fitness
The main objective of the health and physical fitness program is to promote the importance of staying healthy by maintaining a healthy life style and encourage the student community to be more active and eat healthy.
- The students will be able to identify and assess their own health and fitness.
- They will also acquire knowledge and demonstrate skill to safely engage others into physical activities and exercise.
Module I: (3 Hours)
- Meaning and definition of health
Module II: (4 Hours)
- Dimensions of health
Module III: (3 Hours)
- Introduction and definition of physical fitness
Module IV: (4 Hours)
Module V: (6 Hours)
- Components and benefits of physical fitness
- Factors influencing physical fitness
Practical: (10 Hours)
- Various stretching
- Rotational and flexibility exercises
- Aerobic and anaerobic exercises
- Dick, Frank W. (1980) sports training principles. London : Lepus Books.
- Bucher, Charles A. (1979) foundation of physical education CV Mosby Co St Louis