Tourism Club of Henry Baker College, Melukavu plays a key role in achieving international understanding through cultural exchange. It is the third largest industry in the world. Both the government of India and state government declared tourism as a major industry. Kerala is one of the important tourist destinations in the world.With an intension to improve various skills of our students in tourism sector, a tourism club was formed by the Department of Tourism, Henry Baker College, Melukavu in 2019. The main aim of tourism club is to make the young people aware of tourism as a sustainable development. It also finds out the local tourist destinations to prepare new projects and tries to relate tourism with history and culture.The Club encourages the participation of younger generation in tourism developmental activities.The proposed programmes of the club include lectures,seminars, tourism quizs, camps, interaction with foreigners and study tours. The major activities include trekking, hiking, cycling ,boating etc.
- To generate more public attention towards tourism and its developmental efforts.
- To create an awareness about the role of tourism in the socio-economic development Tof the state.
- To give awareness to the younger and upcoming generation about the relevance of tourism and thereby generate a positive attitude towards tourism.
- To encourage the travel mentality of the students and thereby promoting national integration and international amity.
- To Identify/locate potential tourist spots in the district.
Sri. Anish Thanikkal
Assistant Professor on Contract (HOD)
Mr. George Thomas P.V
Assistant Professor on Contract