An Electoral Literacy Club is a platform to engage college students through interesting activities and hands-on experience to sensitise with their electoral rights. The Club familiarises them with the electoral process. ELC is also present in schools and rural communities.
Through ELC, Election Commission of India, aims at strengthening the culture of electoral participation among young and future voters.
The primary objective of the club is to sensitize student community about the democratic programmes to create awareness. We conduct mock polling activity to give the experience based learning of the democratic setup. We also conduct cartoon drawing, debates, mock parliaments, elocution, essay writing and other programmes which create an awareness regarding electoral procedures.
Providing a clear cut vison about electoral participation and a sense of democratic attribute among young generaton.
- To provide education about registration and legal electoral process.
- To familiarize the targeted populations about machine voting like EVM and VVPAT.
- To help the targeted audience understand the value of their vote.
- To ensure the citizens that they should exercise their adult suffrage right with confidence in an ethical manner
- To develop a sense among the citzens that ‘Every vote counts’ and ‘No Voter to be Left Behind’.
Sri. Korah Jacob
Smt. Sabitha Krishnan
Assistant Professor on Contract