- Got State Government sanction to start Henry Baker College in 1981.
- Got affiliation from Kerala University, Thiruvananthapuram.
- Rt. Rev. M.C. Mani, Bishop,CSI Madhya Kerala Diocese took charge as the Manager of the College.
- Rt. Rev. M.C. Mani, Bishop Diocese of Madhya Kerala , dedicated Henry Baker College for learning and research on 12th October 1981.
- Most Rev. Solomon Doraiswamy Moderator, Church of South India, inaugurated Henry Baker College.
- Started Pre-degree course in Commerce and Arts.
- Prof. Arby Varghese took charge as the Founder Principal of the College.
- Started Pre-degree Course in Science .
- Affiliated to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Rt. Rev. K Michael John took charge as the First Bishop of the East Kerala Diocese and Manager of the College.
- Rev. Prof. Abraham Vellamthadathil took charge as the Principal of the College.
- Started National Service Scheme (NSS) unit .
- Prof. N.C Joseph took charge as the Principal of the College.
- Rev. Prof. P.V Joseph took charge as the Principal of the College.
- Most Rev. Dr. K J Samuel took charge as the Second Bishop of the Diocese and Manager of the College.
- College has been elevated to a Degree College with the first UG Course – B.Com (Co-operation).
- Most.Rev. Dr. K J Samuel, Bishop of East Kerala Diocese inaugurated Partnership Block, a gift from the Protestant Church of Hessen and Nassau, Germany.
- Rev. Henry Baker Memorial Lecture series inaugurated in 1993, on the 175th Birth Anniversary of Rev. Henry Baker (Jr.). Inaugural Lecture was delivered by Dr. Sukumar Azheekodu.
- Started B.A History Degree Programme.
- Included in (2 F and 12 B) of University Grants Commission (UGC) Act.
- B. Sc Physics Degree Programme started.
- College has been elevated to a PG College with the first PG Course in Commerce (M.Com).
- Rev. Prof. K J Samuel took charge as the Principal of the College.
- Started B.A English Degree Programme.
- Achieved 98% in B.Com Degree Examinatons.
- Secured Second positon in University Results.
- Constructed Ladies Hostel with the financial assistance from UGC.
- Sri. Oommen Chandy, Hon’ble Finance Minister, Government of Kerala, inaugurated the College Silver Jubilee Celebrations.
- Attained cent percent results for B.Sc. Physics in the University Examinations.
- Rt. Rev Dr. K G Daniel, Third Bishop of CSI East Kerala Diocese laid the Foundation stone for Silver Jubilee Library Building.
- Prof. Dr. Abraham Daniel took charge as the Principal of the College.
- Silver Jubilee Library Building (Prof. Arby Varghese Memorial Block) constructed with the Partnership of Protestant Church of Hessen and Nassau, Germany. Dedicated by Rt. Rev. Dr. K G Daniel and inaugurated by Rt. Rev. Klaus Eibach, Bishop, Oberhessen Diocese Germany in the presence of Rev. Detlev Knoche, Partnership Secretary.
- Henry Baker College recognised as a Christian Minority Educational Institution covered under Article 30 of the Constitution of India by the National Commission for Minority Educational Institutions, Government of India.
- Philipose Mar Chrysostom Marthoma Valiya Metropolitan delivered Henry Baker Memorial Lecture.
- Henry Baker Memorial lecture delivered by Bishop Rt. Rev.Thomas Samuel.
- Secured 5th rank in University B.Com (Cooperation) Degree Examinations.
- Inaugurated Mahatma Gandhi University Ph. D Research Centre in Commerce.
- Extension of Ladies Hostel with the financial assistance from UGC.
- Launched Additional Skill Acquisition Programme.
- Secured 2nd rank in University M.Com Degree Examinations.
- German team from Albert-Schweitzer – Schule Alsfeld visited Henry Baker College and signed MOU for exchange programmes.
- UGC sanctioned assistance for Indoor Stadium.
- Started Bharathiar University Ph. D Research Centre (Part Time).
- Sri. Kishore Chandra Deo, Hon’ble Cabinet Minister, Government of India visited Henry Baker College and inaugurated the Kirby Garden.
- Prof. Dr. Aneyamma Varughese took charge as the Principal of the College.
- Mr. K M Mani, Hon’ ble Minister for Revenue, Government of Kerala inaugurated MA History Programme.
- Sri. Jose K. Mani, MP, Kottayam inaugurated Library Extension Block and Bishop Michael John Memorial Seminar Hall.
- Dr. Babu Sebastian, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, M.G University Kottayam delivered Henry Baker Memorial lecture.
- HBC Team visited Albert-Schweitzer – Schule Alsfeld Germany as per MOU.
- Community College stated in the college with UGC support.
- B.Com – Computer Applications (Model II – Self-Financing) started.
- Rt. Rev. B.N Fenn, Bishop, Cochin Diocese delivered Henry Baker Memorial lecture.
- Cent percent pass in B.Com(Cooperation) Degree Examinations.
- B.Com(Cooperation) Degree batch secured 9A Grades
- Secured 5th Rank in M.Com (Finance) DegreeExaminations.
- Launched Walk With a Scholar Programme (WWS) .
- Launched Scholar Support Programme (SSP).
- Rev. Dr. Valson Thampu, Former Principal, St. Stephens College, New Delhi and Member, National Minorities Commission delivered Henry Baker Memorial lecture.
- Dr. Gireesh Kumar G S, took charge as the Principal.
- Inaugurated Heritage Museum.
- Secured Sixth Rank in MA History University Exams.
- Hon’ble Minister for Co-operation Sri. Kadakampally Surendran inaugurated the Co-operative Day celebrations organised by the Post Graduate and Research Department of Commerce.
- Secured First Rank in B.Com(Cooperation) Degree Examinations.
- Secured 2 A+ Grades and 10 A Grades in B.Com(Cooperation) Degree Examinations..
- Sri. Gigi Thomson IAS (Retd.), Former Chief Secretary, Kerala delivered Henry Baker Memorial lecture on “Challenges of Evangelisation in the Modern Era”.
- Secured 6th,7th and 8th Ranks in the University Examinations for B.A English Degree Examinations.
- Submitted First Ph. D from the PG and Research Department of Commerce.
- Oral History Archive started under the initiative of History Department.
- Old Students Association (OSA), Henry Baker College, Melukavu become a registered Alumni Association .Registration No. KTM/TC/248/2018.
- The College is recognised as Approved Sub centre of CCEK, Department of Higher Education, Government of Kerala.
- DCA Course Started (CCEK).
- Started B.Voc Tourism and Hospitality Mangement Degree Programme.
- College is recognized as a centre for Computer education and signed MOU with Microsoft Corporation.
- Started Professional Diploma in Shipping and Logistics (CCEK).
- Secured 3rd and 5th Ranks in University B.Com (Co-operation) Degree Examinations.
- Signed MOU with Microsoft Corporation, and College Recognized as a centre.
- DOTS Holidays, a travel and tour operation company started by the B. Voc students with support of the college.
- Rt.Rev.V.S. Francis took charge as the 4th Bishop of CSI East Kerala Diocse and Manager of the College.
- Launched Youtube Channel of College
- HBC Career Care.
- Herbal Garden in the college.
- Award for best eco-friendly campus given by Universal Record Forum.
- Signed MOU with MES College Marampally on Paramarsh Scheme of UGC.
- The college signed MOU with Tropical Institute of Ecological Sciences (TIES) for Extensive Green Audit of the college campus. Green Audit, Water Audit and Biodiversity Audit conducted at the college.
- Received ISO Certification and college became an ISO certified institution.
- Got membership of HLACT (UK)
- Award from Harithakeralam Mission, Government of Kerala to NSS unit of the
- College for best performance in the implementation of PACHATHURUTHU Project.
- College became a Local Chapter of SWAYAM NTPL.
- Launched a Weather Monitoring Station at the College
- College became fully powered by Solar Energy
- Cent per cent Class Rooms and seminar halls are made ICT enabled
- As a social responsibility, College started a Library at Kurathikudy Tribal Settlement
- All students in the college were covered by Group Insurance Scheme.