Covid 19 Timeline of WHO
- Be able to educate students about the importance of operationalizing the SPRP for the COVID-19 outbreak using the Operational Planning Guidelines.
- Be able to describe the 8 major pillars of public health preparedness and response and initial actions to be taken by the UN country teams about the pandemic.
- Be able to access the full set of actions, performance indicators and resources needed to conduct the preparedness level assessment using the COVID-19 Partners Platform for country preparedness and response plans.
- Understand the principles of proper environmental cleaning and disinfection and ensure appropriate protocol are used to reduce exposure to SARSCoV2.
Module 1: ( 8Hrs )
Emerging of COVID 19
- History of COVID 19
- symptoms of COVID-19
- Spreading of COVID-19
- Children or adolescents catch COVID19
- Proper wearing of medical maskpurpose of mask uses- risk of exposure- Community masking (WHO guidelines)
Module 2: (6 Hrs.)
Infection Prevention and Control (IPC)
- Preparedness and readiness of health care
- Basic requirement for outbreak preparedness and a critical element of readiness
- IPC goals in outbreak preparedness.
Module 3: (2 Hrs.)
Emerging of Corona Virus
- Incubation period- Modes of transmission
- Doplet- contact Connection between COVID-19 and animals
- Surviving of virus on surfaces.
Module 4: (12 Hrs.)
Personal protective Equipment
- Measures to optimize the availability of masks (WHO recommendations)
- Administrative controls by WHO- Five moments of hand hygiene by WHO
- How to Hand rub
- How to Hand wash
- Respiratory hygiene important
- Respiratory hygiene/ etiquette procedures
- Risk assessment and standard precautions.
Module 5: (2 Hrs.)
- WHO recommendations on Waste Management process
- Transmission for severe respiratory infection
- Airborne precautions
- Home care
- Year: 2020 Author: Title: Resources during covid-19 Journal: The Veterinary record, URL: https://doi.org/10.1136/vr.m1517
- Year: 2020 Author: Title: Don't miss Journal: New Scientist DOI: 10.1016/S0262-4079(20)30770- 3., URL: https://doi.org/10.1136/vr.m1517
- Year: 2020 Author: Title: Free 24-hour specialist support during Covid-19 Journal: The Veterinary record., URL: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41565-020-0680-y
- Year: 2020 Author: Title: Illinois rolls out COVID-19 MH crisis hotline as cases climb Journal: Mental Health Weekly DOI: 10.1002/mhw.32329