The Library will function from 9.30 a.m to 4.30 p.m. on all class workingdays and from 10 a.m to 4 p.m. on Saturdays.
How to Borrow book
- Before getting books and other reading materials, students shouldproduce their identity cards.
- To get books on loan, UG students have to obtain one Borrowers Ticketand P.G. students have to obtain two Borrowers Ticket. If the card is irrecoverably lost, request for duplicate card will be considered onpayment of Rs. 50/- each. For each card, a student can take two books at a time.
- Queue system is to be followed at the issue counter. Differently abled students need not wait in the queue.
- The period of loan is usually 14 days including the day of issue. After that period a fine of Re. 1 per day will be levied per book. If the duedate happens to be a holiday, books need be returned only on the next working day, except during the major vacation. Any book which is temporarily in special demand may be lent for shorter periods as determined by the Librarian.
- Books on loan may be called back at any time if special need arises.
- Books will be lent to the members of the staff on production of their library ID and getting their signature in a personal ledger maintained for the purpose. No member of the staff is allowed to keep with him more than 5 books at a time. All the books should be returned at the end of the academic year.
- Members are not allowed to sub-lend the books of the library
- All final year students should return the books borrowed from the library two weeks before the closing of the academic year.
Damage to book
- Readers will be responsible for any damage caused to books or any library property. To be safe, when a book is issued to a reader, he / she must point out to the librarian any defect noted concerning the book.
Otherwise the presumption will be that the book was quite intact when issued.
- If a book is damaged or lost by a member, he is liable to pay three times the cost of the book or Rs. 500/- (Five Hundred) whichever ishigher within the time fixed by the librarian. If one volume of a set isdamaged or lost by a member he / she must replace it by a copy of the same edition. If such a copy is not available, he shall replace the wholeset within the time fixed by the Librarian. If a student happens to recover a lost volume after having replaced it or paid the value thereof, he willnot be allowed to return it to the library and get back the new copy or its price.
- All the members of the staff and students are entitled to use the Library for reference and for taking books on loan. Library is computerized and hence all are advised to follow library rules for its smooth running.Library ID card is essential for the use of Library.
- All students are requested to enter their name and signature in the gate register before entering in the college Library.
- Personal belongings like books, umbrella etc. is not allowed to be taken inside the Library or Reading room. Files or note books may be taken inside for the purpose of taking notes.
- Books of the reference section will not be lent out, but they may be consulted in the library. Consultants will identify themselves and give their names, class numbers etc to be noted before getting the book.After consultation the book is to be returned to the Librarian.
- Strict silence should be observed in the library and its premises.
|Henry Baker family Collection||840|
|Book Bank||Yes, 120|
|Seating capacity of the Central Library||115|
E-LIBRARY : https://nlist.inflibnet.ac.in/