Hosehold Wiring and Equipment Servicing
Household wiring and Equipment servicing is a certificate course organized by the department of physics for the students of our college to make them aware of house wiring and plumbing and maintenance of household equipment. This course offers them to handle several basic amenities and make them eligible to hold tools required for marking, punching, cutting, drilling, filing, stripping, crimping, socketing etc. Also provides basic knowledge about wiring, plumbing, and repairing of electrical equipment.
- Students are equipped to repair their household appliances.
- Able to identify their career objectives.
- Able to handle day to day electrical seeds.
Module 1: (5 hours)
Concept of basic electricity
- Single-phase & three-phase circuits
- Measurement of Electrical quantities
- Power factor and energy
- Measuring Current
- Voltage and Resistance of Single Phase and Three-phase load.
Module 2: (5 hours)
- Evolution of modern safety concept
- Safety policy
- Safety Organization
- Line and staff functions for safety
- Safety Committee
- Budgeting for safety.
Module 3: (5 hours)
- Knowledge of tools required for - Marking, Punching, Cutting, Drilling, Filing, Stripping, Crimping, Socketing and Fixing Glands & Screws etc,
- Knowledge of Measuring tools - Wire Gauges measuring tape, Hammer, Screwdriver, Pliers, Chisels, Hack saw, Vice, Centre Punch, Allen keys, Mallet, Try square, Wenches, Scribers, Spanners.
- Automatic Power tools - Power drill, Power screwdrivers,Fixed gauges, Gauge block, End bars, Slip gauges, Surface plates, Micrometres
- Angular measurements - Sine bar, Angle gauges, Levels, Clinometers, Taper gauges
Module 4: (8 hours)
Classification and Identification of the Electrical Equipment
- Cables, wires and electrical accessories used in industry
- Studies of diagram and symbols used in basic electrical circuits
- WIring & installations
- Different types of wires and conductors
- Load-carrying capacity
- Knowledge of bulbs, fans, tube light, heater, calling bell etc. Test and repair the given ceiling fan table fan, electric iron & geyser, mixer, tube light etc.
Module 5: (7 hours)
- Different types of tools and equipment’s used in plumbing work.
- Different types of plumbing materials used in plumbing work.
- Knowledge of measurements and its conversion to other systems
- Cutting / Threading / Bending of G.I. and PVC Pipes
- Use of hand tools
- knowledge of various types of pipes with colour code and selection of pipe as per work specific uses
- Pipe fittings
- Methods of joint
- Types of pipe and fittings
- Handling and lifting sanitary fixtures.
- Working principles of the water pump and foot valve.
- Methods of connection.
- Brian Scaddan, Electric Wiring for Domestic Installers. Routledge, 2019.
- Ray C. Mullin, Phil Simmons. Electrical Wiring Residential, Cengage Learning, 2014
- Black & Decker‘s The Complete Guide to Plumbing, Editor: Mark Johanson, Quarto Publishing Group, 2015,