Tourism in Kerala is going through a significant phase of growth and development. The prime aim of the Tourism Club is to encourage the participation of younger generation in tourism developmental activities . The proposed programmes of the club includes lectures, seminars, tourism quizzes, camps, interaction with foreigners and study tours. The major activities include trekking, hiking, cycling ,boating etc.
- Generate more public attention towards tourism and its developmental efforts.
- Create an awareness about the role of tourism in the socio-economic development of the state.
- Aware the younger and upcoming generation about the relevance of tourism in their career and thereby generate a positive attitude towards tourism.
- Encourage the travel mentality of the students and thereby promote national integration and international amity.
- Identify/locate potential tourist spots in the district