Code of Conduct for Students
THE STUDENTS SHOULD:
- Be proactive in promoting and working towards making college a positive, supportive, safe and welcoming place for all students and teachers.
- Be respectful and courteous to fellow-students’ parents, guardians and teaching and non-teaching staff. Students should follow Indian culture in their courteous behavior to others and practice the moral science studied in schools.
- Be knowledgeable about discipline, policies, regulations, and rules.
- Follow college rules and contribute to a positive college climate by behaving appropriately even when not specifically asked to do so.
- Make every reasonable effort to participate actively in the activities of the college.
- Recognize how their conduct affects other students and college as a whole and make every effort to restore relationship affected by their conduct.
- Share ideas and strategies for improving college climate and college discipline practices.
General Rules and regulations:
- Students should treat college staff with respect at all times and be courteous to fellow students.
- Students will refrain from damaging any form of college property. The college reserves the right to be compensated by the student for any such damages.
- Students will refrain from littering and keep the college premises clean.
- Unacceptable behaviour including but not limited to irregular attendance, academic dishonesty, and neglect of homework, disruptive behaviour, loitering and disrespectful behaviour towards staff or fellow students will result in serious disciplinary action.
- Any form of bullying or ragging will result in a disciplinary committee review and could result in expulsion with a negative conduct certificate.
- Any misbehaviour or violation of college discipline will be dealt by the disciplinary committee and corrective action will be taken. In extreme cases parents will be called in to discuss the student’s behaviour and may lead to suspension or expulsion from the college.
- The medium of teaching is English and it is advisable to communicate in English.
- Students should wear their Identification Cards issued from the college.
- Students are prohibited from using mobile phones in the college campus. Mobile phones must not be used inside the classroom also. Students have to keep it in the almirah of their respective departments before the class commences.
- Students are strictly prohibited from loitering on the veranda and corridors during working hours
- Tobacco of any kind and pan are strictly prohibited in the campus.
- Keeping and using alcohol or drugs of any kind inside and outside campus shall be an offence and offenders shall be seriously dealt with.
- Students are expected to maintain their classrooms clean.
- Political activities are strictly prohibited in the college campus.
- Students shall not organize or attend meetings other than official ones in the campus.
- Students resorting to strike shall not enter college verandas or classrooms.
- Students are forbidden to attend or organize any meeting in the college or to collect money for any purpose without the permission of the Principal. They should not circulate any notice or petition or paste it anywhere in the college premises without the permission of the Principal.
- Cinematic dance and fashion parade are prohibited in the campus.
- Ragging of any kind is prohibited in the campus.
- Students shall remain in the library/waiting room during free hours and utilize the time constructively.
- Those who absent from test papers / Terminal Examinations shall be liable to disciplinary action.
- Punctuality is essential at all times. Students who contravene this rule without valid reason will be treated as per rules of the college.
- If earrings must be worn then they must be small hoops or studs. Nose rings, tattoos, mehendi of any kind are not permitted.
- Students are advised to behave in an orderly manner in the college and in public places.
- Use of foul language, scribbling and scratching on college furniture and College walls and any misbehaviour in college campus and public places will be strictly dealt with.
- Students are instructed not to play in the classroom or use cricket bats and hockey sticks, except on the playground. The cost of repairs caused by damage to college property will be charged to the students concerned.
- Any pupil who is persistently insubordinate or is repeatedly or wilfully mischievous or is guilty of malpractice in connection with examination or has committed an act of serious indiscipline and/or misbehaviour or who, in the opinion of the Class Warden and Head of the Department, has an unwholesome influence on his fellow students, may be expelled permanently or removed from the college for a specified period by the Principal.
- The rule of good behaviour applies outside as well as inside the College.
- Social functions, involving students must not be organized without the Principal’s approval.
- This applies to picnics, excursions, tour of any kind and other outings also. Anybody who organizes or takes part in these unauthorized activities will be liable for disciplinary action.
ATTENDANCE AND LEAVE OF ABSENCE OF STUDENTS
- Attendance will be taken at the end of each period.
- Students shall not be allowed to leave the class without the permission of the teacher.
- Late-comers shall enter the class only with the permission of the teacher.
- Students are not permitted to absent themselves from classes without leave. Leave applications endorsed by the parent shall be submitted to the Principal duly recommended by the group tutor/the Head of the Department.
- Absence during a period shall be treated as absence from a session either forenoon or afternoon and absence for two periods from two sessions as absence for the whole day.
- Leave on health grounds shall be supported by medical certificate
- Absence of a student without leave for more that 15 consecutive working days will entail removal of his/her name from the rolls.
- Those who absent from test-papers/Terminal Examinations shall be liable to disciplinary actions.
- Statements of monthly/term attendance will be published and intimated to parent / guardian.
- Complaints, if any on the part of the student may be submitted to the Principal in writing.
APPLICATION FOR LEAVE
- A student requiring leave for only an hour or a portion of an hour shall apply for it to the teacher concerned, before the period begins.
- A student who requires leave for a whole session or more must apply for it in writing to the Principal through the class tutor.
- Application for leave of absence, (in the model given) should reach the class tutor before 10.00 a.m. of the day for which leave is applied for.
APPLICATION FOR LEAVE FORMAT
- Name and local address of the applicant :
- Class/Subject/Batch :
- Class number :
- Period and date of absence for which leave is required :
- Reason for absence :
- Whether there is any examination, test paper or assignment on the day :
- Counter signature of the guardian :
- Tutor’s recommendation :
- Principal’s order :
World Environment Day Special Programme: “Plant a Tree and Add a New Friend Challenge”
The NSS units of our College enthusiastically celebrated the Wor…Read more
A Webinar is organised by National Service Scheme of Henry Baker C…Read more
World Environment Day
Plant a tree at home and add a new friend in your lifeRead more
International Day of yoga
“Get Your Balance Right”- A Webinar is organised by Na…Read more
A Creative Challenge Competition was organised by the Covid Cell…April 24, 2020Read more
Webinar on “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan”
A Webinar on the topic “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” …April 25, 2020Read more
National level Online Quiz
National level Online Quiz on Tourism was conducted by the D…April 30, 2020Read more