Code of Conduct for Staff
Code of Conduct and Discipline:
All faculties of HBC in general shall abide by the following rules, unless and otherwise expressly circulated to this effect:
- Maintain absolute integrity and devotion to duty
- Attend the college regularly and punctually
- Engage classes, both theory and practical; punctually and effectively
- Correct the assignments and lab records systematically
- Be meticulous in submitting the question papers and marks of the internal tests
- Conduct guest/expert lectures with academic/industry professionals
- Valuation of internal and external examinations
- Attend guest lectures, FDPs, Workshops, Seminars, Industrial Visits and Tours
- Downloading e-materials from digital library, authorized online journals and legitimate sites
- Preparing soft/hard copy of course files, delivery sheets and web materials
- Monitoring and Counseling of students’ academic performance and Mentoring
- Be honest, impartial in dealings and courteous with others
- Abide by the rules and regulations of the institution
- Promote decency, decorum, dignity and discipline among staff and students.
- Institute devices and mechanisms to improve academic standards
- Acquire and develop professional/interpersonal competence to enhance skills of students
- Building teamwork, team efficiency and reinforcement of skills/knowledge in students
- Administrative compliance
- Anchoring/Co-anchoring in Seminars / Conferences / Conventions and authoring/co-authoring in Journals / Magazines
- Publication and attending FDPs / Workshops / Conferences / Symposiums / Conventions
- Chairing Sessions and Delivering Keynote Address in any FDP / Workshop / Seminar / Conference
- Professional, rational and intellectual behavior like an academician.
- Gross negligence of duties and responsibilities
- Propagation of religious, communal, anti-social, terrorist activities in the campus
- Discriminate by caste, creed, religion, language, domicile, social and cultural background
- Encouraging any form of ‘malpractice/unfair practices’ in connection with exams
- Leaving the campus without proper prior permission of the Head of the Institution.
- Absconding from the institution
- Undertake private assignments whether remunerative or not (however, assignments offered by affiliated university and its bodies are excluded)
- Enter into any monetary transactions with any stakeholder of the institution
- Cause damage to institution or stakeholders’ property in any form
- Encourage or involve in immoral practices with stakeholders
- Organize, attend, involve in any duty outside the college without proper approval from Head of the Institution.
- Passing comments on religious, regional, personal, racial and cultural sentiments
- Taking Membership of a political party or taking part in politics
- Any act which is detrimental to the interest of the institution
All employees are liable for disciplinary action for disobedience, misconduct and dereliction/negligence of duty. However such disciplinary action shall be taken after establishing the grounds on which the disciplinary action is initiated and after a reasonable opportunity has been provided to the employee to defend himself/herself.
Complaints of misconduct by a staff member are investigated by a disciplinary committee or ad hoc committee constituted for the purpose by the Principal.
An employee may be placed under suspension by the appointing authority pending enquiry into framed charges by giving the employee a fair chance to represent his/her case. The manager of HBC is empowered to suspend any employee if it is in the interest of the college and report his action to the DCE, and the University as the case may be.
As part of the disciplinary action, the following punishment for good and sufficient reasons may be imposed upon the employee of the Institution, after establishing the facts about committing an offence and dereliction/negligence of duties:
- Withholding increments/promotion
- Recovery from his personal property (through a Court of Law) whole or part of any pecuniary loss caused to the college due to negligence of duty or breach of orders/rules.
- Suspension from service
- Removal/Termination/Dismissal from service
Grievance cells are constituted at department level by the HOD concerned and at institution level by the Principal to look into the grievance of the staff members and redress them.
World Environment Day Special Programme: “Plant a Tree and Add a New Friend Challenge”
The NSS units of our College enthusiastically celebrated the Wor…Read more
A Webinar is organised by National Service Scheme of Henry Baker C…Read more
World Environment Day
Plant a tree at home and add a new friend in your lifeRead more
International Day of yoga
“Get Your Balance Right”- A Webinar is organised by Na…Read more
A Creative Challenge Competition was organised by the Covid Cell…April 24, 2020Read more
Webinar on “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan”
A Webinar on the topic “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan” …April 25, 2020Read more
National level Online Quiz
National level Online Quiz on Tourism was conducted by the D…April 30, 2020Read more